A skilled, experienced and trusted legal team that will fight to get you maximum compensation.
Brian J. Headley
Brian J. Headley has been a practicing litigator since 2004 and has a wealth of experience in all types of civil litigation. Prior to starting his own practice in 2012, Brian had worked at three civil litigation defense firms in Charleston, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Over the years, Brian has litigated a wide variety of commercial litigation, insurance coverage, bad faith, employment, product liability, construction, toxic tort, wrongful death, and personal injury actions. In 2012, Brian moved to Charleston, South Carolina, and founded the firm that has become Headley Law Firm LLC. Since that time, Brian has focused largely on representing victims of medical malpractice and other individuals who have sustained serious injuries through no fault of their own. Headley Law Firm LLC has been fortunate to grow rapidly since 2017 in large part as a result of referrals from other lawyers who are familiar with the firm's capabilities. Headley Law Firm LLC has become the law firm that lawyers call when they or their clients need help.
Brian received his J.D. degree in 2004 from the West Virginia University College of Law where he was a member of the West Virginia Law Review, Order of the Coif, and finished fourth in his graduating class. He also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert B. King of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit during his final semester of law school. Brian received his undergraduate degree from West Virginia University in 2001, graduated summa cum laude, and received but a single ‘B' during his undergraduate studies (in Jazz of all subjects).
Brian is licensed to practice in South Carolina, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Ohio, as well as the United States District Courts for the District of South Carolina, the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, and the Western District of Pennsylvania. Brian resides on Daniel Island with his wife, Kelly, and they have two young children, Alex and Jackson. Mr. Headley is a member of St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church on Daniel Island.
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- B.S. - 2001
- Honors: summa cum laude
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
Current Employment Position
- Picadio, Sneath, Miller & Norton, P.C. (now Houston Harbaugh), 2009 to 2012
- Levicoff, Silko & Deemer, P.C., 2006 to 2009
- Huddleston Bolen LLP, 2004 to 2006
- W.Va. Div. of Highways v. Powell, 842 S.E.2d 696 (W. Va. 2020)
- Hawkins v. U.S. Sports Assoc., Inc., 633 S.E.2d 31 (W. Va. 2006)
- Tolley v. Carboline Co., 617 S.E.2d 508 (W. Va. 2005)
- Newark Ins. Co. v. Brown, 624 S.E.2d 783 (W. Va. 2005)
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Health Care Law Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Life Member